Mitsubishi 4G and Lancer experts wanted.

~Slideways~

56 minutes ago, fuel said:

The last two numbers are the torque rating, so a W5M33 is good for approx 330Nm while the W5M41 and W5M41 are good for 400Nm and 500Nm respectively. 

That's really good info about the torque rating, I haven't seen that before.

In the quote did you mean for the one in bold to be a 51? That makes a lot of sense.

If the earlier Evo's on had gboxes to handle 330Nm how on earth did they survive the drag racing hey day?!

I have found a W5M42 so will likely be doing that, I was a bit reluctant with not being able to go with a 4g63 but they are all going to be a bit tired anyway. So going straight to a 4g93t plus spool rods or something would be good. 

If it could handle 200kw at the wheels that would be plenty, maybe that's too much, not sure.

• Like 1

ah yeah whoops meant W5M51 there.

You can always push further than what the manufacturer (Aisan) rates them for but yeah at some point you're going to be breaking something if the axles, diff, CV's aren't the weakest links. If you look at the size of a W5M33 compared to a W5M51 or even a contemporary Jap 4WD transverse box like a ST205 box you start to wonder how it even handles the power people throw at them.