dmulally’s 1965 Hillman Imp

dmulally

I think the first thing I need to try and rule out is electrical back feed. I have twin spal fans, a gearbox cooler fan, and a really cool Kenwood amp and I really can't recall how I installed any of it and if they even have relays or not.

I'll be putting the same amp in the Imp. What it does is do away with the head unit. It is bluetooth from my phone and is hidden tucked away under the dash. I thought about getting those retro looking head units but couldn't decide which one. This way I get to listen to sweet tunes without having a crap neon flashing abomination blinding me at night with the wrong time. 

It's the size of your hand. 

spacer.png

• Like 9

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

First job ticked off. Welded up a box for the gearbox cover. The only thing it does is provide access to the selector uni grub screw. Even that's pointless if when taking the engine and box out I slide it backwards. If the engineer asks me to weld it in it wont be a big deal. Just a faff around with making sure it doesnt catch fire. 

I have to put the rear seat back in sans some springs in the middle. No biggy. 

Screenshot_20240426-190213.png

• Like 8