dmulally’s 1965 Hillman Imp

dmulally

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

I fired up the Imp this morning to go and get some bread from the shops. As per usual I was hit on by a couple of boomers and the Imp performed flawlessly. I did notice that the WOF is due next month and I don't think I could be bothered renewing it. I know it will pass but I simply don't drive it enough. 

Time to put this thread on hold for a while whilst I clear out some more pressing projects. I already have a new motorbike engine for it (VTX1300 V-twin Honda) but frankly it works perfectly fine as it is. I always thought I'd blow the engine but in the thousand or so miles I have put on it over the last year it really hasn't skipped a beat on the road. The fuel economy is criminally good. 

Anyway, please enjoy a couple of pics before it goes for a long sleep and thanks for stopping by. 

• Like 9

• 2 months later...

TROUBLE IN PARADISE!

Whilst bogan tetris-ing my cars round the shed I found the Imp even harder to start than usual (still havent connected the choke yet). I checked the engine and noticed it was low on coolant. I could have sworn I always kept it topped up so checked the dipstick. It was a caramel milkshake in there. 

Ironically I decided on the weekend that I was going to sell it. I guess I'll have to spend a shit load of cash first unless somebody wants to low ball me an offer I can't refuse on it. 

Time for Phase 2 of the Imp project to begin. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 8

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...