Auto electrician CHCH recommendations

Lump

The heater blower motors in the Jag have got a bit squeaky/groany on startup (they seem to settle down after a minute or so). I've pulled them both out a disassembled one of them enough to confirm I have no idea how the thing works and couldn't possibly fix it myself.

Can anyone suggest someone to take it too - I'm not sure if I need to take the age of them into consideration or if the bearings etc that need to be replaced are still readily available.

Bearings or bushes? ( Brass looking things) if bushes, they are probably dry. Put your finger over one end of the bush, fill it with motor oil and then squeeze the oil into the bush with your other finger. 

Usually sintered bushes, which means they they are pourous to hold the oil. Wipe off excess oil with a rag. Reassemble and test.

( Did my trade as an auto sparkie many moons ago...)

• Like 2

Might take you up on that - there seems to be a bearing on the outside but they don't seem to be running rough - the rest of it is behind all the coiled wires (and other whitemans magic) so the bushes might be hidden in that end - I'll try and get some photos up

Its true British quality isn't what it once was - they're not even 50 years old and already playing up

Here's a couple of pics of the disassembly

This is the inside of the front cover - I thought this was a bearing (it does spin) but it just seems to be a few bits of felt in there

sipqaile.wmt.jpg

Main pic of the innards

2rk33nxw.frd.jpg

And the other end

pipshyoe.ral.jpg