ST190 Central Locking

ajg193

Hello all,

I recently acquired a 1992 Corona SF. The only electrical problem is appears to have is that the front passengers door does not work with the central locking.

This is fine and all, apart from the fact that the car tries to lock its doors automatically when you exceed 20 kph - so it just clicks every couple of seconds trying to actuate the door look on that door until you manually lock the door.

Before I go digging around in the door trying to figure out what is broken, I want to know if this is a common problem on these cars with a simple fix?

All fuses are good in the car and the other doors all lock fine and interact with the central locking system perfectly.

Thanks

Usually simple fix, before replacing anything I brake clean the hell out moving parts and use spray grease to lubricate again.

Sometimes that's all it is, sometimes something is bent due to kids holding down button while actuator is operating and worse case is actuator motor is stuffed but it sounds like it trying to operate.    

• Like 1