LT 250 Quadrunner restore

NVMPAJ

I hit those guys up in the link and unfortunately they dont stock the sizes that are on my quad.  Almost thinking of changing the tire size but I guess being 4wd they need to be the same fonrt/rear ratio? 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Question is with the bits left over do I attempt to build one up from virtually  scratch . I'll need a frame for starters . TM has one but it's way down the bottom of the South Island , so freight is the killer

20170430_144430.jpg

• Like 1

Cool thanks for that . Yeah I found a code system on a forum somewhere that tells how to work out the year . My VIN number has a few digits that are hard to read due to the rust . I'll try and find the forum again and put the link up. Here's my VIN .image.thumb.jpeg.e877ff8a2d29d9191391f554c7654251.jpeg

My vin is really weird by comparison, unless its not the vin and just another number. I found the number AJ45A-105973 on one of the chassis uprights on the back. 

You don't have a spare voltage regulator by any chance? Mine isnt charging currently

Right here we go , there should be 17 numbers / letters . The first three letters mean bugger all . The next five you'll find in the first link . The tenth one is the year code . Mine is R so it's a 94. First thing you need to do is confirm your number of digits .....17

Hmm weird, mine definitely doesn't have 17digits, I wire brushed it all and the extra digits didn't appear :)  I know its 1990+ as the voltage regulator is shown in the manual as being the 1990+ version.  I'd be keen to turbo mine if I could find an oil supply to feed the turbo with - I've got a few tiny turbos laying around :)

• Like 1

I've starting stripping the 300 it's got an oil cooler so that would give the required oil line for turbos. The front CVs are a bugger to remove from the front diff. But I googled it and found the way. Just a crow bar and hammer and they re off . 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Ok have started the rebuild of Quad2 . Cleaned up a few parts and applied rust kill . Will paint black , silver where needed

Quad2 replacement frame has had rust kill . Will shift it from Welly at the weekend. And start the assembly . Long way to go 

20170718_132122.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...