32mm vs 34mm bike carbs for 1.3 golf

Carsnz123

Someone with more knowledge than me lend me your wisdom. 

I'm doing a bike carb mod on my 1.3 mk2 golf and I've got a choice between a set of Keihin VE64B 34mm carbs off a 1987 CBX750 or Mikuni BDST32 32mm carbs off a 1995 RF400. The plan is to have a hot cam and headers to improve breathing and gain some ponies.

so does anyone have any idea which carbs will be better? 

leaning towards the 32s as the original carb is a 19/23.

I may have just messed up these calculations, but right now in theory you have an available 1,385 mm2 of air pass through area in your single twin throat carb, but  you are heading to 3,216 mm2 (assuming you're going to 4x32mm carbs).

I may have just messed up these calculations, but right now in theory you have an available 1,385 mm2 of air pass through area in your single twin throat carb, but  you are heading to 3,216 mm2 (assuming you're going to 4x32mm carbs).

I think you did a little. My calculations show 699 mm2 original carb and 3216 mm2 for new set of 4 32s. Seeing as each carb is going to be independent you really can only look at one cylinder. So it has gone from being able to draw through 699 mm2 venturi at WOT to 804 mm2 per cylinder. about a 15% increase.  

The next trick is to design manifolds which are tuned to give it a ram effect torque boost.