maxpower 1936 stewart beater pick up - discussion

MaxPower

How did i notice this only now?

Cool find but i hate to think what else they're chucking out.

Noooooooopppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, old mate down the road is rebuilding a little truck like that, and from factory it had a lil 1 liter flat 4 in it, so he dun got a lil suby motor from J5 for it. But bugger me dead, I cant remember the brand of the truck.

Almost sure you're thinking bradford/jowette products.

How did i notice this only now?

Cool find but i hate to think what else they're chucking out.

Almost sure you're thinking bradford/jowette products.

yep there was some choice old 'junk' that was going to get dumped. didn't have time to sift through it, we scored some sweet old rimu firestation doors , had to hijack a digger to drag the stewart from its hidey hole. was heaps of old tools, woodworking gear, vintage lights\headlghts , front ends diffs, radiators etc etc

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Hi @MaxPower. I just signed up to oldschool so I could ask you about your buddy stewart..where did you get to with it?... by any chance did you find any old signage on it? I have been searching for years for one my grandfather owned in Auckland in the 30's/40's in an ice company... highly probably long gone but you never know..interested to hear what you have done with this..rgds boatie

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Boatie said:

Crikey...i have just found online an old advert I put in beaded wheels around 28 years ago

its for sale if interested. have found another vintage vehicle I would rather play around with, have original tags and plates for it, doors need re-wooding, has no motor and box. cheers for looking

• Like 1