maxpower 1936 stewart beater pick up - discussion

MaxPower

If the stickers on the window have the same rego as those old black number plates is good enough to prove it was reged in nz before according to NZTA.

true? had a look at the stickers and there doesn't seem to be any plate number on the rego sticker, does mean that it has been on nz roads at some point

hope its not going to be a major.

Are these the ones that had a small horizontally opposed/flat four in them? Or am I thinking of the wrong truck?

not sure mate, they came out with anything and everything, my f in law has a lycombing fitted to one and a flathead v8 60 in another and forget the other one..

his jowet has a flat 4 in it?

• Like 1

Are these the ones that had a small horizontally opposed/flat four in them? Or am I thinking of the wrong truck?

Commer 'knocker' TS3 you got on the brain there son Super charged them things too

sweet whip you got there

• Like 1

Commer 'knocker' TS3 you got on the brain there son Super charged them things too

sweet whip you got there

Noooooooopppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, old mate down the road is rebuilding a little truck like that, and from factory it had a lil 1 liter flat 4 in it, so he dun got a lil suby motor from J5 for it. But bugger me dead, I cant remember the brand of the truck.

• Like 2

Quote from locost_bryan which I have moved to the discussion thread (was in the build thread):

Is it one of these?

image26_zps7385d849.jpg

Interesting article here http://auto.howstuff...-dump-truck.htm, claims they came with a four-cylinder Waukesha engine.  More than likely someone will have replaced it with something more "user friendly" over the ensuing decades...  :-)

• Like 1

sweet whip you got there

would love one of those knocker engines they sound so sweet. strange design though. also would like a small detroit..

Flatheads have different gearbox mountings, all the 37 to 47 use the same front engine mounts off the water pumps in 48 they went to the 8BA style motor witch is different agearn

32 to 36 motors have funny lower radiator hose inlet/ engine mounts but I think they are is the same position as the  37 to 47

• Like 1