Ign relay wiring question

oldrx

I cant find a wire that is 12V while cranking and ign on key position to trigger coil relay. Can I wind two wires together (I have a cranking wire and an ‘on’ wire) to create one wire that does both to trigger? Or will this back feed or some shit?

whats the car

RX2

It will back feed. You could try a diode from the crank wire to the relay.

Have you double checked all the fuses? Has there been any other wiring work done?

I did blow some fuses but have replaced. Yeah i've been doing a bit of wiring, im an amateur though. Installed 4 new relays (fuel pump, fan, currently 1 x ign coil cranking, 1 x ign on for coil to get around this issue)

My ignitors (rx7 elec dizzy) tested bad so im going to a 3 ignitor set up so i can run coil on plug wasted spark on leading plugs. Would like to simplify relays by having just one trigger wire and one ign relay. And oil press gauge (Podi brand) needs 12v when cranking & running too or apparently it breaks it.

The factory ign relay is removed, dont know if this would affect it. I think it was just to bypass ballast resistors.