86 gx71 suspension Q's

sam1r

Alright i've read all over the interwebs but its got me more confused than anything 

i know ford falcon or futura rear springs can fit in the rear but what yr falcon or futura springs ?? does it even matter???

Apparently Ford sierra wagon springs fit as well just lop a coil or 2 off 

What shocks should i use for the rears ? can i leave the stock ones in or?

what should i do for the fronts ??

thats it there sitting on 15s with standard suspension but would like it a few inches lower 

2bljnq5b.nmo.jpg
r1p3d0vp.n45.jpg

school me with your toyota wisdom pls 

Front: SW20* rear shock inserts then you can either space the shock, or do the right thing and cut and shorten the strut casing. Then slide on some adjustable platforms and run any spring rate you desire. Camber plates, RCA's, done...

Rear: Any 5.5 ID spring will work in the rear, EA/EF front Falcon springs work and are easy to find but there are plenty others. Tons of information online.. MA61 Lows are effectively superlows in a X7. Shocks there are endless options, if your going the cheap route then use VP/VN commodore rear shocks if you can find a wagon thats even better cause its stiffer. Otherwise Isuzu trooper/jimmy, Ford focus, E36 bmw shocks work. You can modify any shock too suit really.

Or do what the others said and just splash out and get the BC gold kit. Less mucking around and you will be able to get a cert if your at a reasonable height.

• Like 1