1ge - 1geu WTFs

be4ver

Ok so my gx60 wagon had the 1GE-U in and ive just swapped that for a 1GE.

Everything is pretty much the same on the two engines. The dizzy plugs didn't match and the O2 sensors are way different, the pulleys are also ribbed on one and V on the other. So ive made the original 1geu loom work with this engine.

Anyway my problem is that it runs like a haunted shithouse when its cold and once warmed up it barely runs / starts at all. When cold it hardly idles and sounds like its missing on 2 or 3 cylinders but will rev out real nicely, will eventually die and be almost impossible to start again.

Ive only just managed to get it going today due to a blocked fuel line and blah blah blah. I haven't had time to properly check things out tonight after work on it but i suspect the injectors could be different? even the injector resistors could be different or maybe the oxygen sensor being different is making wierd shit happen. Im just guessing at this point though. Has anyone struck this before?

Ryanfels old gx61 when it had a 1geu started running really shitty and from memory the cold start injector was flooding the engine. Another thing to check...

I suspect you will end up having to swap everything efi/electrical sensor related from your 1GEU to the new motor. Start with the easy bits, hopefully it doesnt get too involved. GL.

• Like 2

Check the timing. Swap your injectors over perhaps. Fuel and timing, have seen fuel pressure issues occur with a poor pump/shitted factory regulator on fuel rail.

I take it the wire colors are the same on distributor when you switched plugs?

Distributors are identical apart from the different plug housings. Checked the injectors today and one set has somewhat different resistance than the other. Must be that. Will swap them over tomorrow and see how that goes. 

Fuel return line was blocked and the fuel pump was pumping so hard it was squirting fuel out past the hose clamp. So I'm pretty confident the fuel pump is working properly 

• Like 1

Swapped the injectors over and no difference! Took spark plugs out and cleaned them up, put them back in and it ran a little bit.

It seems to be putting a shit load too much fuel into the engine. The oil has gone very thin and petrol smelling. When it won't start at all I can pull the fuel pump relay out and it will actually fire up for a couple seconds. Really starting to get pissed off with the whole thing. Anyone want to buy a gx60 wagon!!?

Have you checked the compression of this new engine? I threw a 3t in the other month to find it had no compression because it sat for so long the rings dried up.

also yea if you're returns blocked your injectors will be under a ruthless amount of pressure causing over fueling. And your injectors should only be 3ohm or 12 so if there slightly different they may be playing up, just run 12v over thrm and see if they click.