Replacement Window Runner Wheels?

Robbo

So the rear windows in my Corona coupe didn't wind fully down/are pretty loose and in general needed some work so I took the interior apart and pulled the window/runner out.

Anyway both of the 'wheels' that sit in the window runners have completely disintegrated.

jngzwzrj.sc3.jpg

So now I'm looking for some way of replacing them. I managed to pull some rough dimensions off them using their remains and can probably get some spun up in plastic? Problem I see is the stud they sit on is stamped(?) to the regulator and has flange at the end to keep the wheel in place (see photo) which stops the smaller inside diameter of the wheel being pushed over it.

rihaym0j.gtm.jpg

If I get something made up in plastic could it be pressed on over the flange? Can I cut the stud off and get something restamped with a new wheel in place?

Am I missing the ball completey and there's a much easier way to fix it??

Any help much appreciated..

Ebay, ra23 window runners.

Being toyota i reckon they'll be the same.

There is also a draw roller that works buti don't know the details.

Matt spitfire will know about the roller style thing. I think he found something at bunnings

• Like 1

Ebay, ra23 window runners.

Being toyota i reckon they'll be the same.

There is also a draw roller that works buti don't know the details.

Matt spitfire will know about the roller style thing. I think he found something at bunnings

Those could be the way to go, look a bit different in shape but for $11 US its probably worth a shot. Looks like with those you just drill out the original studs and bolt them in.

You could always fold a section of the edge over so you can fit wheel back in then bend back into place? Looks different to my corona. But maybe the balls are the same I have full spare set of winders I'll look 2m

Yea potentially, probably pretty messy though. Let me know if you have any luck.

• Like 1

Hey man,

the eBay runner May or may not fit ive got some you can have if you want to try them as they didnt fit in my ta22 rails...

I used a 25mm roller from bunnings. I threw out the packaging for them but I'll call into bunnings tomorrow after work and get a photo of the ones I used, they were $15-16 for a pair.

I had to grind off the original roller pin and punch it out then used the existing hole that was left. I got a grinder with a cutting disk and cut a slot in the head of new roller pin so I could get a screw driver in there to lock up the nylock bolt on the back. Here's a pic of one and I'll post up some more pics/info tomorrow 

18829054801_a1f4984162_c.jpgUntitled by matt postle, on Flickr

Cheers

Matt

• Like 3

Hey man,

the eBay runner May or may not fit ive got some you can have if you want to try them as they didnt fit in my ta22 rails...

I used a 25mm roller from bunnings. I threw out the packaging for them but I'll call into bunnings tomorrow after work and get a photo of the ones I used, they were $15-16 for a pair.

I had to grind off the original roller pin and punch it out then used the existing hole that was left. I got a grinder with a cutting disk and cut a slot in the head of new roller pin so I could get a screw driver in there to lock up the nylock bolt on the back. Here's a pic of one and I'll post up some more pics/info tomorrow 
Untitled by matt postle, on Flickr

Cheers
Matt

Matt you're an absolute legend! :king:

Looks pretty straight forward and a bloody good solution, will head down to Bunnings armed with my runners and see how they fit.

No worries man give me a shout if you have any questions.

Not sure if your rails are the same as mine but on my rails I had to give the head of the threaded pin that bolts the rail to the body work a bit of a whack with a punch and hammer as it fouled slightly on the head of the roller (this was only for my rear quarter window rails though not the door rails).

Cheers

Matt