Marcro's 1987 1418 Hino House Truck Build

marcro

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The cupboard in the bathroom has been finalized and undercoated, the cupboard has a false back for access to the shower plumbing and two shelves set above half height, the balance of the space will be used for hanging cloths jackets etc

IMG_4553.jpg

The balance of the bathroom has been undercoated, All set now for decorative floor.

IMG_4552.jpg

The stairway to the front loft has been made and fitted.

IMG_4554.jpg

Bottom section is removable to access  what will become a technical space, it is likely I will fit the water pumps and hot water boiler within this area.

IMG_4556.jpg

View looking up to front loft, all lined, some insulation to ceiling fitted.

IMG_4557.jpg

Had to narrow up access in order to fit bed arrangement,  bed will sit north south with the bed head across this bulkhead.

• Like 1

Finally finished with foam insulation and lining in the front and rear lofts.

IMG_4591.jpg

View from entrance looking up at rear loft.

IMG_4593.jpg

Rear loft has one single berth, large drawers have been built under the bunk. Time to think about a ceiling lining and decorative timber work.

IMG_4596.jpg

Front loft looking forwards, lining and insulation completed, time for a ceiling and decorative timber.

IMG_4597.jpg

View looking to the rear of the front loft, had to narrow up the entrance/exit as I cannot decide on bed orientation. the extra width means the bed could go north south with the foot of the bed forward................been avoiding the second push out...............looks like I might have to get into that next.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Push out time...............opened the side up and began by installing the fixed bottom rollers.

20160220_150702.jpg

This involved exposing the bottom rail before welding the rollers axle tab in place, a hole was then bored in the vertical frame to support the other end

20160220_151630.jpg

The slide out hole has been carefully packed out to match the clad dimensions of the push out

20160221_120804.jpg

I have welded some square stubs to the side of the truck deck, these are the foundation points for the jig that is fitted when we want to slide in or out the push outs.

20160221_083411.jpg

I Have decided that I will fit 4 of these on each side, creates a great base for scaffolding planks meaning that work on the side of the truck becomes easy.

20160221_085653.jpg

Sneek peek.........................

20160228_131615.jpg

Kahurangi windfall rimu for the flooring, Clear macrocarpa TG&V to half the wall height, paint finish above...........

Anything to get out of pushout framing and lining!!!!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

There have been a few developments of late that has forced a change in the order of work to be done. After years of having a knee issue, a fall has seen me back with the surgeon.

He said............what were you hoping for? I said.........just pop on in there for a tidy up and I will be good for another 10000kms.........he just laughed at me and said its time, so despite being a little young for this operation I am facing a total knee replacement.

This means all work involving kneeling will become very difficult in the future, so I have been faced with having to do kneeling jobs.

20160220_163714.jpg

Bought a small vanity and basin for the head, on special from Mitre 10

20160313_154404.jpg

Fitted the macrocarpa TG&V to the RH push out

20160313_154415.jpg

Moved on to laying the floor

This is Kahurangi Rimu, timber was milled from the wind fallen trees blown over by the cyclone that caused devastation a few years ago.

20160404_092841.jpg

The flooring has been glued down using a foaming polyurethane adhesive, the underside of the planks have longitudinal grooves for the adhesive to penetrate, this locks each plank in place.

20160404_092853.jpg

Planks will be lightly sanded using a belt sander, the v grooves give the floor an antique old school look.

20160404_092901.jpg

Flooring will be finished using a conventional polyurethane, 3 to 4 coats semi gloss.

20160406_094949.jpg

First coat to seal timber, nice colour!

• Like 8

Plus one for Rimu floors ! Ours were from some old, old cottage on the Canterbury plains. $200 complete with scars. :-)

looking good. Shit news about your knee though. Must be a house truck build thing because I too needed a knee operation during our build.. although it was induced by a mtb crash for me.

Yep, I'm very pleased with the floor, the micro vee detail between planks makes the floor look older than it is. Still debating the finish....satin or semi gloss??

My knee is all self inflicted, its been operated on 4 times over the years.......the result of being a boat builder and playing competitive ice hockey and inline hockey.

The bad news is I will have to sell my dirt bike as riding off road will not work so well...........the good news I will still be able to ride on the road, so I get to keep the Indian!!

To all......I appreciate the interest, comments and watchers.......It really does help to keep me motivated to continue on with enthusiasm.

• Like 2