motorcycle fork seal

mutiny

let me start by saying i know fuck all about workong on bikes. so the seals on my dt175 have started leaking, started taking em out, and the top dust seal wont come out, whats keeping em in?

im pretty much ready to throw this bike in teh scrap heap right now

cunt fuck whore seal in question

IMAG0040_zpsxml8sk65.jpg

Fork seals can be a real cunt to get out.

Once you get to the point you are at there is only a circlip holding it in (it seats on the outside of the seal in the fork lower), if thats out then odds are the seal is stuck like a bastard.

Easiest way then is to remove the stanchion, there will be a bolt on the bottom, if you're lucky you will turn it and it will undo otherwise you'll need to find some way of holding it. My old GS needed a 17mm nut fixed to a bolt then stuck down inside the fork with all my socket extensions, not sure what a DT might need, try a rattle gun if you got it.

Once the stanchion is out you can try to pry the seal out. Last 4 I have done all needed careful cutting to get out.

Good luck :)

You need a rattle gun with a allen key bit to undo the allen bolt in the bottom of the fork, and like kicker says don't forget the curclip, then use the fork leg like a slide hammer and pull the seal out.

Circlip will be on top of the seal if it is there.

I used a combo of tools, main thing is to not fuck the surface the seal is sealing against

A dremel is handy but try a heat gun first and the old slide hammer trick as mentioned