Kiwibirdman

Kiwibirdmans 1962 EJ Holden Wagon

Recommended Posts

The story of the gutter trim. The gutter trim on a EJ wagon is about 2.5 metres long and nice ans flexible. I had spent about 2 or 3 hours cleaning it up. knocking the dents out and polishing. It was getting late and I was hell bent on getting it done and on the car. 

I had had a couple of warnings that the trim was getting flicked off the wheel, trying to get to the edge on the bend at the front is a bit of an art. Should have stopped but ...........

trim.jpg.820ed5d7c1028ed7b20082fb2bd3f437.jpg

715335682_benttrim.jpg.e2e8d9f103f1e51fca8334cb727d8f92.jpg

I was lucky, one bruise on my are and only the trim turned into spaghetti. I still haven't worked up the nerve to do the new one.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here are some photos

Front.jpg.a162000a26a194344135701f21aa3226.jpg

 

rear.jpg.5050e05200bffef3064c516c126b41e4.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The bumpers look pretty good, the front and end of the rear are new reproduction ones, the front overriders and centre of the back were re-chromed.

Flare.jpg.6a8edd98491198ea6f99b4148a792455.jpg

Bought this flaring tool the other day for the fuel lines, works really well, $55 off trademe.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I put the hoodlining in myself. It looks better in real life but with 20/20 hindsight I should have put it on a trailer and taken to the professional.

hoodlining.jpg.2f44afc34c2aade6cc8692c44d830048.jpg

hopefully overtime it will tighten up a bit.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the cold airbox I built.

airb1.jpg.3af1ffdf08fdc45b1f024a3126433767.jpg

airb2.jpg.1087d7e604dbde7b9f82c3606490a807.jpg

It has a pipe that comes from beside the radiator which feeds the box. It isn't totally air tight but I'm working on the principle that air pressure while driving will make positive pressure so the engine will get cold air. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Despite being side tracked with work family life in general there has been some good progress.

All the side window are in. I had a problem with the left rear door, the channel that the rubber goes in was missing. This was a door I bought to replace the original. I bent up a channel and pop riveted it in. From the factory this was spot welded but since I have nice new paint the welder was staying far away.

The next job was the rubbers and channel then drop the window in the hole. the whole process felt harder than the other side I did a while ago. When I went to put the quarter window and channel in I found the gap was 5mm too small. Managed to carefully spread the door using a couple of small pry bars. Managed to scratch the paint on the inside of the door on the first go, second go worked like a charm.

Spent hours making up hard fuel lines.

 20191029_211751.jpg.2f3695e17b61fa058655ca71e41f4832.jpg

20191029_211833.jpg.df66fc6bb9c892db116aaea3259272d7.jpg

20191029_211837.jpg.e3c0077707b6f2d05ae04c5691d974b1.jpg

20191029_211841.jpg.728888171c43025757a314791d5a9e7f.jpg

20191029_211923.jpg.6aa4a5a4eaa1b3be2ae4b4d92f39a993.jpg

The rubber bits joining the hard lines have been done. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.