need some help bending pipe

dave123456789

need some help around the pakuranga area to bend 2 short bits of pipe on my extractors. I can provide photos. just need to be heated and pulled about 2 inches towards the block to clear my carbs. the pipe is already welded to the collector as they are a set of cobys im modifying. I could probably make an S shape pipe to connect it up but would rather try it this way first.

Any idea where to start or anyone got gas and a means to bend this shit for a box of piss or some monies?

also preferably done asap as the welder im using wont be at my house after this weekend. I am also keen to drive anywhere in Auckland to sort this out

cheers

Not too sure what your doing but if your trying to move a runner away then youd be better off chopping it out and making a new pipe that goes where you need it to. When you bend some thing thats in place itll either need more or less material to make it from a-b so itll need to be streached then bent or shrunk then bent depending what way you go with it. Moving something 50mm depending on its radius can cause an extra 20mm or so more or less length required etc.

Not too sure what your doing but if your trying to move a runner away then youd be better off chopping it out and making a new pipe that goes where you need it to. When you bend some thing thats in place itll either need more or less material to make it from a-b so itll need to be streached then bent or shrunk then bent depending what way you go with it. Moving something 50mm depending on its radius can cause an extra 20mm or so more or less length required etc.

I was going to cut it and weld a bit of pipe on lower but as there is 3 runners all close together I don't know how I would weld it back up. Sorry if these questions or comments seem retard but im kind of new to this. Im just winging it and smashing it together so it work.

It doesn't matter if the runner is shorter it will need a bit welded on the end anyway which isn't an issue. It doesn't need a nice radius it just needs to not point straight up, it has to be at a bit more of an angle. I don't have any tools to try bend it myself and figured heating it and bending it would work.

Ill mspaint some diagrams or find a pic for you.

damn picture hosting sites are blocked here at work and I cant see the pictures in my build thread but if you check out my build thread you will see two runners side by side that I have cut, I just need them bent towards the block.

near bottom of this thread if I remember correctly. like I said I cant see the pictures at work

//oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/28369-dave123456789s-1966-prince-b200/

cut slits with 1mm cutoff disc most of the way through the pipes, bend then weld up slits? multiple slits if neccesary to acheive angle. poormans kunce lobsterback bend.

Yea that's one of the options. There is a issue though with how do I weld the bit of pipe between the pipes? I could make only small slits though so I can still weld all around it I guess.

I cant really judge from your photo but usually I can weld in some tight spots with the tig. Sheilding is you biggest problem in tight spots sometimes you need to make a dam so you can fill it with argon then poke the electrode right out to get in there

I cut it with a couple of slits and bent it, then cut the slits again and bent it more. came up all good. Will have to wrap these bad boys so it looks less shit but will throw a picture up when its all welded up and ready to go on the car.

So yea, the cut slits and bend idea worked perfectly-ish.