shocks to use in ta63 tt142 for 100mm drop

uza63

Ive been using super lows in both the celica and corona, im compressing them and would like to know once the ride hight is 100mm lower than factory which shocks to use in the standard struts.

Has anyone bothered with this and have a reference to a strut they used ?

bnt tell me get them shortened but the factory hydraulic struts could prob go.

EDIT: Sorry realised you're talking about front shocks not rear.

A good starting point for measurement/test fit would be AE92 front shock inserts (for not super low) or rear SW20 shock inserts (for lots of low)

If you end up with a shock that's too short you can put spacers in the bottom of the tube under the insert.

But you will likely need to cut down the struts in order to have some travel without just banging the bumpstops all day.

Also, it'll handle like utter crap with already soft springs compressed to a very low ride height.

Possibly better off cutting the springs then having the ends reshaped so they are captive instead.

But another way is that you could just put your new springs in, and then check how much gap there is.

Then look for shock inserts which are that much shorter than the standard ones. Which would likely end up as AE92 fronts or SW20 rears.

Gt4 celica there mate. The first model. St165 or whatever.

Ae92 are to narrow in the shock diameter.

But. To gain 100mm of slam. Ypu need to shorten the strut housing. They work out roughly 50mm shorter in the shock and 50mm in the shock tube. If that makes sense. So if you to retain factory shock housing then you will need a 50mm ish spacer. Though you might get away with putting the spacer at the top without the bump stop slamming the top of the shock housing.

Maybe have a look at my guide to building coil overs in the tech artical. Will give you an idea about the shock length comparison.

good to know. yea im not a fan of the coil overs, i heard you cant get them certed any more.

but im not racing or doing anything much in it. Its just a cruiser.

the gt4 option would work, i think aw11 inserts were used the first time around in the celica, but i called bnt with measurements and they couldnt offer anything but shortening the originals