mazda internal reg alternator upgrade

yetchh

HI, had upgraded the alt on my 121 to an internal reg years ago, dunno what the alt was off and buggered if I can find anything remotely similar, does anyone have a) any idea what years fit and/or if any of the later model internal fan ones fit early mazdas or b ) do you have one to sell me..  thanks, Thomas

*edit, I do have one, but its all shiney and new looking, doesn't really match the motor I just put in the 121

sorry dont know about the piston mazda alts much,

but the rotary ones, just bolt straight on between external 4 pin and internal 2 pin,

so id imagine it should be the same for piston engine

id just fit the nice shiny alternator if it fits fine and is internal regulated

why waste time/ money when you have one :)

im trying to think what later model cars would be good,

is the rotary alternators any good ? im sure someone here close to you could lend you one for a day to check ?

otherwise, what about the E and B series mazdas, or 323/626 ?

It's set up for a the single wire internal reg one I have it's just all polished etc and looks out of place, I don't mind buying another. Was reading somewhere that there are two types of internal regs,  I'm really just after experiences with later model ones etc.. not to sure about rotors either..

hmmm, my experience, internal regulated alts have a 2 pin, one for 12V ignition and other for dash light

its in a T format connector

you can actually see it on the back there in the picture

then there is the battery wire which goes to the threaded stud with a nut on it, with the red plastic housing

shame its polished, as there should be the mitsubishi part number on them, sometimes it engraved other times its a sticker

if you could have found that, then with some research you could have found what cars/models it would be on

there is usually 2 part numbers

if mazda alt - mazda part number

and the mitsubishi part number - which can easily tell you what it is off etc

any part numers below the mitsubishi symbol on the round part on back of alternator ?

check to see what numbers you can see even part of a part numbers etc

if no numbers on it, only thing to do would be get against something until it looks the same

sorry with out part numbers i cant be any more help

you could try going to an auto electrical place that does alternators and starters etc, they maybe able to help you get the same, or something different that would do

• Like 1

shame its polished, as there should be the mitsubishi part number on them, sometimes it engraved other times its a sticker

if you could have found that, then with some research you could have found what cars/models it would be on

there is usually 2 part numbers

if mazda alt - mazda part number

and the mitsubishi part number - which can easily tell you what it is off etc

any part numers below the mitsubishi symbol on the round part on back of alternator ?

check top see what numbers you can see even part numbers etc

if no numbers on it, only thing to do would be get against something until it looks the same

Fuck!.. I never even thought about that..

• Like 1

Not sure about fan but they are internal reg. Super easy to wire up. 

alt.png

S5 onwards is more complex. I put an S4 alt in my S1, Ran the "red" down the side of the block onto the starter motor solenoid. Kept things tidy.

• Like 1