xj650/750 brat

bleekers 4 life

Hi this is my xj 750 that I am modifying into a brat. It was brought as a 750 all the standard body work said it was 750 but noticed when I got home it was rego as a 650. Modification so far shortened and looped rear of frame made new seat pan new handle bars lowered headlight and mounted closer to forks removed instument cluster and fitted small speedo. Im thinking that I need to raise the back of the bike so it sits level but not sure.Has anyone had experence at fitting pod filters on these as everything I've read says it's not advisable. Any advice or constuctive criticism would be much appreciated.http://iforce.co.nz/i/p2e1okf4.dqo.jpg

The only advice I have about putting pods on is to make sure you send the money on quality k&n ones or similar and make sure they're the right dimensions to fit in the frame.

Also read up about re jetting the carbs as you may need to do that.

Looks like it will be a great project tho.

Nice! Pretty similar to all equiv Jap spec 4 cylinder bikes of that era,

Is is shaft drive or chain?

I notice your carbs appear to be CV type which from what I have heard can be a headache tuning with jets to get running on pods. But then again I have no experience with CV carbs myself.

Good luck!

yes i have heard tuning CV carbs to run no pods can be hard.

that said, ive never done it. and im also currently running 4 CV type carbs on my car engine with no filters at all and bar a little more fine tuning, they seem happy as. 

so just do some research and im sure you will be fine.