aa60 Carina Suspension question

brad

Hey i'm looking for some standard springs for the rear of my aa60 Carina , surely some other toyota springs would fit if i can't find any standard carina ones ?

ke70 or corona maybe ?

any help would be appreciated .cheers

GX71 supposedly fit. I'm in the same boat as you mate. I've sussed out the front, but i'm very tempted to almost convert to Silvia rear coilovers and get some strut towers built in shortly.

Message oldschool auto's, they've got some in stock that'll fit. I think they were $260 for shocks and $300 for springs? But thats only a 40mm drop. I was wanting 70-80 so bought some Silvia coilovers for the front and going to sus out the arse end somehow.

Is yours IRS or Live axle? T series diff?

thanks for the reply dude ,yeah it's a live axle .i'm just looking for standard height rear springs so i can go for my licence. i dont think driving instructors like low cars much tbh ^_^

i'l head down to the wreckers later on and have a look for some gx71 springs then if nobody else has any ideas. cheers

It's super easy to lower the back of these, or any live axel coil rear. Just get some short shocks, Hilux etc and some short springs. No need Togo IRS to slam

Kurt, you know what springs and shocks they use?

Been told that you can you use hilux front shocks in the rear and then just cutties and it'll keep them captive?

I was only looking at the IRS for diff upgrade/ turning car into a track car eventually and better ratio's so I can make use of a 9,500rev limit lool...

This from club-k

"you probs dont wana hear it but I just cut my springs all round. Then Got front shocks from a ae92 GT for the front of the carina and spaced them from the top with abit of tube to fit in the strut snug. In the back you have to get real short to be shorter then stock. I think they are about the same as ke70 wagon in length. I used hilux front shocks in the rear and just drilled out around the rubbers and inserted the old shocks rubbers with alittle help from soap and water. The car drove real nice. Pretty sure cutting out a coil or coils makes the spring stiffer. I always do this and always get away with it as I say they are compressed. "

• Like 1

This from club-k

"you probs dont wana hear it but I just cut my springs all round. Then Got front shocks from a ae92 GT for the front of the carina and spaced them from the top with abit of tube to fit in the strut snug. In the back you have to get real short to be shorter then stock. I think they are about the same as ke70 wagon in length. I used hilux front shocks in the rear and just drilled out around the rubbers and inserted the old shocks rubbers with alittle help from soap and water. The car drove real nice. Pretty sure cutting out a coil or coils makes the spring stiffer. I always do this and always get away with it as I say they are compressed. "

i have some short and stiff as shit brand new hilux shocks if you'd like them, just to short for the chaser's irs

i have some short and stiff as shit brand new hilux shocks if you'd like them, just to short for the chaser's irs

hey I may want those if fiend doesn't, are there like the mitsi mirage shocks ? (ridiculously short)