Wheels hesitate/skid under acceleration

SportPac'89

Took the newly rebuilt sportpac for its first drive, wheels are hesitating then skidding up on take offs, mainly on grass gravel etc. When i put my foot down to take off it feels as if no power is reaching rear wheels, then grabs all of a sudden and skids up. On road surface it still hesitates but gets traction and launches. It is an automatic, could it be to do with fluid levels, or something in the diff maybe?. Didnt have this problem before rebuild of motor.

I actually don't know the correct technique for adjusting the kickdown, I know different gearboxes use them in different ways and some are very sensitive to their adjustment. If it's an electronically controlled box the kickdown is usually only there for line pressure.

Had some time after the xmas madness to figure out whats wrong. So its not the handbrake as the wheels spin freely when i jacked up the end. I played around with the kickdown cable, which seemed to make it worse if anything. Then i realised i had only put 3 litres of tranny fluid in it. So i poured the other litre in from the container and it seems like its fixed the problem. But now the problem is - the fluid level on the dip stick is reading a little bit over on the 'hot' mark when its cold. Iv had the tourque converter off and drained it when i rebuilt the motor, and i drained the old fluid out the box, but iv only put 4 litres of fresh fluid in, and iv contacted two places and they reckon it should take about 7 litres from dry. Anyone got any ideas? Its a sohc 8v 4g63, not sure of gearbox code.

check the trans fluid level when its running, in neutral, when the trans is hot. dont worry about what it says any other time.

also, autos are not like engines, not all the fluid goes to the bottom when you turn the engine off, some will be in the valvebody, cooler lines etc so unless you completely stripped it, 7 litres probably wont fit in there