Vauxhall Chevette new spring help

bugn8r

Hi all,

Just bought a Chevette and want to lower it a bit, not slammed but just to have it sitting better.

I can get a full set of Holden Gemini springs for $100, is it worth it and do they fit? 

I remember reading somewhere that they do.

Any help would be sweet

Gemini lowering springs should work - as in they will fit in. However Im not sure how much the front will come down by... 

1600 gemini 1300 chevette, although the chevette's is a full cast iron block the gemini motor & box is about half as big again..

What area are you?

• Like 1

I'm in Welly for uni until mid November then back to Chch where the car is. 

Are there many of the Geminis around. I did a quick search on trademe and could only find a sedan which the guy said I could have the springs out of for $100 bucks.

Are they standard Gemini springs? I would say they would lift the Chevette up quite a bit and you may even have trouble getting them into the front wishbones in full length. Probably best to hunt out a set of lowering springs for it. Torana super lows fit the front and make it quite low, and in the back Gemini wagon springs will work, but you might want to take a little bit off them and run shorter shocks to keep them captive.