Rob2180's Maytag 92 washing machine engine

Rob2180

These are a cool engine Rob, especially the hit and miss part. Where did you find it? I don't think that many were brought into NZ.

Also have you got it running right since the video was taken?

I bought it off trade me from some guy in levin that saved it from scrap. I have got it running a lot better

nice!

do you have any lister cs diesels in your collection?

Yes I do have a Lister CS in my collection I need to make a trolley and a cooling tank for it I might also be getting a twin cylinder one before the end of the year. I have a video of it running on You Tube My username is Enginemanic. 

https://www.youtube.com/user/EngineManic

Rob

oh man that's lush!!

Love this stuff. Me and my bro obtained a Bamford petrol engine (I can't recall the model off hand right now) that hadn't run for a few years. flush of the carb and new fuel and it started up within a few spins on the crank handle. Sold it at the start of this year, though, as we didn't really have a lot of space for it. It came with our tractor as part of the deal so whatever I guess. Would love a CS twin cylinder engine at some point, even if it's just to fire up and drink a flagon of beer whilst it chuffs away in the shed. pipe dream. lol

I imagine you're in a club of some sort... do they have vintage tractors and stuff there? would love to bring my allis chalmers to a sweet club paddock day or something for a mess around.

oh man that's lush!!

Love this stuff. Me and my bro obtained a Bamford petrol engine (I can't recall the model off hand right now) that hadn't run for a few years. flush of the carb and new fuel and it started up within a few spins on the crank handle. Sold it at the start of this year, though, as we didn't really have a lot of space for it. It came with our tractor as part of the deal so whatever I guess. Would love a CS twin cylinder engine at some point, even if it's just to fire up and drink a flagon of beer whilst it chuffs away in the shed. pipe dream. lol

I imagine you're in a club of some sort... do they have vintage tractors and stuff there? would love to bring my allis chalmers to a sweet club paddock day or something for a mess around.

Im not in a club I have been thinking about joining the Manawatu vintage machinery club but Iv never gotten around to it.

What model Allis have you got, I have an Allis B from 1940 it does not run the engine is buggered it needs a full rebuild in another month or so I will get my engine off the guy rebuilding it as he's not even started it yet.

Did you go to the Takapau show in march this year it was great I think the next one is in Carterton next year.

Have you got any pics of your Allis.

Rob

chalmers B. around a 38 I think! No electrics :)

//oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/34864-1938-allis-chalmers-b/

few shitty pictures here. Should get it out again. Only gets fired up to move out of my lockup to get to other stuff. Always starts withintwo quick 1/4 revolution pulls on the starter handle when cold. Like most chalmers B's it's a prick to get going when it's hot though!

Have you got any spare bits? Would LOVE a couple of good front wheel rims coz mine are pretty rotten.

Yeah I had a geeze at takapau. Loved the engines section!

Keep me posted if it's in carterton. would be cool to take my piece along. Could almost set up an oldschool contingent lol

• 1 month later...