DonMcDazzle's '69 land rover

DonMcDazzle

Awesome. I always thought Toyota gear (albeit, newer) under an old landy would be sweet.

Having driven a clunky old series2.

Slam up a link to this discussion thread in the first post of the build and vice versa.

Makes it real easy for people browsing.

I've got a fair few spare parts I'd be happy to shift on; rebuilt axles and drum brakes, Holden 202 mated to a series gearbox with various reconditioned parts, wings, rear tray, two different kinds of roof, windscreens, window glass, leafs.. The list goes on.

And yes it does go a bit nicer with the Toyota stuff underneath. I've just today moved to auckalofa for work so won't be back down in wellington for 3 weeks, therefore progress is stalled for now. When I go back hopefully I can paint the chassis and make a start on reassembling it.

I've got a fair few spare parts I'd be happy to shift on; rebuilt axles and drum brakes, Holden 202 mated to a series gearbox with various reconditioned parts, wings, rear tray, two different kinds of roof, windscreens, window glass, leafs.. The list goes on.

I'm immediately keen on...

Decent condish steering wheel

2x hub flanges (10 spline)

Possibly keen on truck cab set depending on $$$

I'm immediately keen on...

Decent condish steering wheel

2x hub flanges (10 spline)

Possibly keen on truck cab set depending on $$$

I've got a decent steering wheel for sure (whole steering column too).

Not sure if I have separate hub flanges. I've got whole axles rebuilt that I would rather sell as complete units.

IMG081_zps4c9110bc.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Cheers mate, I've been doing 10 hour days in the workshop trying to get it sorted. I will hopefully paint the rest of the panels tomorrow and get the brake pedal in and connected up. Then I have to mount the exhaust manifold and turbo, weld on the exhaust, connect the wiring and bolt everything together.. Going to be a big week I think.

That looks sweet P Star, convertible is awesome. I reckon the matte black suits the old square shapes pretty well, covers up all the dings well too. What did you do on the inside of your ute bed area? I don't know whether to just paint it and then install rubber matting or get some spray on liner type stuff.