Place to get a wiring loom for a '64 Daimler v8?

Sorry, worst suggestion ever..  It will never look right and the Mk2 range is one of the best catered for models for spares ever.

David Manners  http://www.jagspares.co.uk/home.asp

I have used these on a couple of MK2 restos, lovely braided looms. Remember the Alternator loom is different to the generator one and you need to order the separate gauge loom and rear harness for a complete rewire. get all the grommets too and the thing will look a million bucks

Yea if its some kind of concours resto then go ahead and get something premade, how much are they worth though? If they are cheap then great, most factory reproduction looms I have seen are very expensive.

You can buy decent braided loom and the generic looms kits are pretty good for only $180US. Pretty confident mine will look better than the factory one with some time spent setting up the breakouts in the braided loom properly.

Only one way and that's the right way, unless you want to convert every accesory to spade terminals etc, the time saved and the amount of materials involved in making one of these looms I would charge double to make one from scratch. Remember how many gauges a Daimler has and the fact the loom is attached to the dash so it can fold down for access.

I can fit up a factory loom in a couple of hours, all labelled and colour coded as per factory, new bullets etc. worth every cent of the money.

Also when people bring me vehicles like this for pre purchase inspections I warn them off any without the correct loom, so good to think of the resale value.

Really don't mean to sound so pompous and close minded. This is just what I do for a living day in day out..

• Like 1

Ha its all good man, if you are doing that kind of resto and can afford it then a pre made factory looking loom is a good thing, and the way to go.

Personally most old cars I have owned are not as the factory intended (switched to internal regulated alternators, electronic ignition, relayed headlights etc) and a custom loom means you can usually remove clutter and add in circuits you now need. Its the OS poverty spec DIY way, factory restos and resale value that hinges on looms isn't the norm haha. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...