TMC's 1980 V50

TMC

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Check out my Mellow Yellow CB350 thread for how to do such quite easily with cardbard and fibreglass... if you feel inclined, but by the shape of that expansion chamber I'd surmise your not unaffiliated with the use of pattern making materials. It's very nice chamber too! Can't wait to see the drilled brass safety sheild!

I just went to the spring makers yesterday to enquire about springs, transverse, for something I'm building and the guy rang me back today and it's only like sixty bucks for each set of four leaves. So if you look in the leaf springs in the Tech Talk forum I've put a pic of a chop with a leaf spring girder front end... and you guys doin' this little bikes, instead of a hard tail with the struts solid could do some small leafs spring with links as struts. Could take some experimenting but something to be a little springy for an inch or so that then gets progressively stiffer as the other leafs come in... very nice.

1535388_10152417857119288_74598423849513

Could be interesting I will be going back to standard shocks once lengthen swingarm as will standard shocks on slight angle be nice and low enough, I will be watching your CB350 build closely now

So lengthed the swingarm and got triple clamps and steering head all bolted up..forks got new seals today and waiting on rubber boots also then front end done. New bars thanks to Nosco (Matt) absolute legend. Just exhaust to change and other wee bits like mount headlight and shorten up wiring etc

xxerqjkl.4e1.jpg

sc4phgjo.lfe.jpg

lel1aumr.get.jpg

That's a lovely bit of fabbing... did you adjust some tubing to go inside then fold up some plates to go on the outside to match the original?

Have you got a headlight for it? I got a sweety chromy thingy at the Triumph owners club meet last sunday... for free so I'm willing to give it to a good cause, and yours is one.

10325129_10152428457064288_8829133378380

10302552_10152428457149288_2668498941772

It's got Eversure written on the top and the Lens has GE on it for general electric and there's a ball on the bottom that is a nifty way of pointing it where you want it to go. I haven't taken it apart but it looks like it has a modern filament fitted so it may be repo or a damn good conversion. Lovely bit of kit and I'd like you to have it if you want it.

Yeah flatten some tube to fit perfect inside and plug welded in and folded up a bit same profile to match. Thanks for offfer on headlight already got one. Will let know if my one doesnt suit look

Cut back guard back.bit more and got new expansion chamber on. Seals all done and forks back together. Hurry up rubber fork boots i want ride this thing. Just need lengthen chain and de loom the wiring and sort new accelerator cable nice easy stuff left

kl05mz54.nup.jpg

• Like 1

So full on weekend went picked up complete Honda c50 hasnt been on road in 20 years. I plastic welded leg shield and about as far as got..then go a 83 Suzuki A100 today..so bike collection coning along good. Did more work on stretched v50 tonight nearly all done..made front axle

3lc4kyz5.haw.jpg

t12vtpmq.ype.jpg

Here is A100

edwuxo3y.5i3.jpg

Going be wee cafe style 100cc two smoke

Pic to come of C50 thats just going get re registered and restored from 20yearstoakes86 sitting in car port to tidy original Cub

Got bike all back together just got to de loom all wiring as all wiring was in behind old forks..so just need ignition and power for headlight. And sort throttle cable and its riding time for a month till rego runs out and then see how changes go and might be few more mods if not strip it down to paint.

jkrigl04.i2l.jpg

vs2qpae0.onp.jpg

qynj2qvd.2dm.jpg

Enjoy

• Like 1

Rode those today for first time..was amazing so happy got some back guard rub when hit few pot holes haha. So much firmer in front and better handling/turning circle.

2tjlnquc.zju.jpg

33umwdtd.n5w.jpg

1hqm5hp2.013.jpg

Thinking of making whole new swingarm and bit longer 4inch might not be enough and moving seat back...thoughts??

• Like 1

What about lengthening the frame over the motor? Then the line from the point of cut, if that were to occur, up to the base of the seat could be more flowing without the tank... so if that were removed and a small copper vintage mower tank added somewheres.