injector help 2tgeu auckland

hillman1

hey guysiv got a problem with my 2tgeu injectors being non op the injectors themselvs are fine and injector plugs read 12v on both sides but they are not pulsing (not earthing) when i crank the motor over any ideas how i can solve this my ecu has constant power after battery kill switch is turned on and am using a factory loom any ideas where i should start looking for the cause of this and how to solve it its in my 2tgeu hillman hunter i have had car runing off jump start and pooring fuel into intake. cold start injector has no power ether side of plug should it??

any help would be very helpfull i have a copy of wiring diagram but just cant work it out could it be a bad ecu earth? 

could some onepoint me in the direction to start looking and what to look for

The cold start injector is only fired when you are cranking, so it shouldn't have power, it is earthed through a thermal switch so won't fire when the engine is hot. If the thermal switch i stuffed or the injector isnt wired up to the starter properly it wont work

How are you sure the injectors aren't grounding? unless you have a decent multimeter or a scope you wont see the the grounding events very well or at all with a shitty meter. Best way to see if the injectors are actually being grounded by the ECU is to plug a led into the injector plug and crank it over. 

If that test shows the LED blinking and you have fuel pressure the injectors are blocked, if the motor has been sitting this doesn't take long to happen. You haven't mentioned the fuel pump and how this is wired up so I assume you are getting pressure?

If you narrow it down to the ECU not firing, then you have to dig up a wiring diagram and check that the correct pins are getting power/earth. Let us know how you get on