Getting flanges cut

Guest Fliboi

Guest Fliboi

i think the drawing i had was all messed up dimension wise, sucks cause it looked real good after i cleaned it up and replaced all the draw lines that the software converted with proper lines in autoCAD

Guest phib3r_0ptik

I've got it drawn up in solidworks, I'll email you a 1:1 scale PDF to print out and compare to the gasket. Once dimensions have been confirmed I'll get the cad files uploaded in the CAD thread in case anyone else wants them for anything.

Manifold.PNG

Guest CUL8R

Autobend will do them, They've done my Twincam ones both the inlet and carb flanges. Also done some Dellorto flanges for me.

I have a mate that works there, but not in the cad drawing part, so makes it hard to sort deals out for other people.

My brother has a profile cutter up north we use for alot of our stockcar stuff, very competitive rates. I'll find out the name and ring you at work when I have their name

Ie for our firewalls I sent up my backing plate and the made a firewall from 10mm plate to the desired measurements.

Guest Fliboi

ahh nice, cheers chris.

looks like im more than sorted for the cad file, phyb3r knows his stuff! we will have the final copy real soon. and then ill be looking at workshops to get the profiles cut.

im also pretty sure there was a guy up north interested in running bike carbs on his 18r, so hopefully he can make use of this too.

Guest retep130

out of interest why do I keep hearing people talk about Autobend doing laser cutting, they are tiny compared to most laser cutters and I was under the impression that laser cutting was not their main market?

Guest Rookie

I used Davin Industries when I was in CHCH, and a few of my mates have used Prometal. Both have as you would expect service considering the size of the job.

My 2 cents, if possible get the flange cut as 1 piece, makes a bit harder to draw, but will make building it easier, can always cut it once its finished if you desire

Some one like 'one stop cutting' may already have it on file,

the flange is drawn, and since its simply 2x the one flange, and i have a spare head to bolt them too, building will be a sinch.

however, i appreciate the input and another name of somewhere that might be able to help out!.

not sure if they would have it on file,

18rg perhaps, but i dont think many people have tinkered with the 18r

I work for Autobend in the production side of things, our laser cutter has a 3000x1500 bed so can do most things, currently we're transitioning from an exhaust supplier to more of an engineering workshop (within our limits of course since we don't have a lathe/mill etc) due to exhaust sales dropping in recent years. We've just got a brand new CNC bender and a waterjet cutter being installed at the moment too so looking forward to see what we can do with that.

Give me a PM if you want me to price it for you, I would expect around the $40/50 mark though.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

oh haha, i completely didn't see this post. today i actually contacted autobend for a quote ($52) and told them to do it. very fast service and actually the cheapest and fastest to reply out of the 3 places i contacted. 

cool to know an OSer works there too!

i also saw on your site about the CAD pipe bending and then i was swooning a bit about getting the runners made up and bent to the right shape instead of cut/welding.........