Crooked's 1978 RT104 Toyota Corona

Guest crooked

Guest crooked

I need as much information and where i can read others project builds etc to get a good handle on this one before i rip shit out... basically I see it has a double wishbone setup in the front, no idea how to work with this? How can i make it handle? 2jz/1uz to front heavy? 3sge or sr20det... I dont like crossbreeding shit but avaliability of parts etc...

Basically going to use it as a business vehicle (hahaha) for the tattoo studio

Whats your ideas? No idea what way id like to go about it, but ill keep you guys updated and ill be doing new things all the time...

Guest japawagons

Please let that be the last instagram photo. But awesome car. The column shift manual is super sweet. A uz or jz would a very big job in that engine bay. A 3sge would suit the family and size of the car. Keep it column shift for max awesome.

Guest crooked

Is that the one going for $800?

yep its that one

I was looking at a 2jzge... but yeah im thinking that shits still going to be way to much of a mission...

Anyone know if a 3sge crossmember from anything would bolt in... or go in easily... And turbo or naaah?

basically im retarded... i need help, i cant find anything to do with this car at all... i want that shit to handle nice

• 4 months later...

Goes away for a cage and bodywork etc, all the major stuff I can't do... I need to get the engine sorted but I'm still undecided... Ideas? Anyone? Iv always wanted a old Toyota a certain way but its never been achievable, now I'm in a position to do it.

Trailer it away next weekend.. Needa get my ass into gear and need some ideas/opinions/any tricks anyone knows with the double wishbone setup in the front and the brakes.

Yeah I'm pretty well decided on a 3sge from an altezza. It's at the workshop now, all stripped, I'm working on the doors etc at home. Fitting an altezza rack, then figuring out qa1s for the front and fitting bigger brakes and callipers. Then mounting the 3s, w58 adapting somehow. Then onto the hilux diff with 4 link and qa1s in the rear too...

Going to fit a 3sge from an altezza, a black top 5th gen with a w58. Rebuild the engine with forged internals, somehow strengthen the crank, lots of fuel and a big turbo... I want 500whp... I'll get back out to the workshop next week and get some progress shots. Finally have the money available to complete a project like this. Iv been dreaming of it for years! I wanted a 2jzgte in it but I think the 3sge and turbo it will be plenty of fun and a lot more sensible/wallet friendly

do you have the chassis/car to support 500whp....? that is a fuck load of power. 

have you actually been in something with that sort of power? or is it just a number that took your fancy. 

its just going to be alot of work/money, but perhaps your prepared for that and have done all the homework and in which case, sweet, look forward to seeing it!

• 10 months later...

Its been a while since iv even seen the car, alot of the rust is done now minus around the windscreens, i have a 1jz-gte with a custom ali front facing plenium etc etc, wondering weather i use the w series bellhousing thats with it and run with a w5/7/8 or bite the bullet and get a r154.. unsure of the size difference.. and if i will ever have the balls to drive it to the point of smashing a w series box...

once i can get the front windscreen out, it doesnt want to come out at all... ill get the rust finished and start getting everything into place for mounting this engine... so end of september she will be back home safe and sound and i can start working on the finer points... an engineer is cutting/shaping the firewall and gearbox tunnel to fit the 1jz in a nice position... hopefully i can get it road legal...

suspention up front is my main headache... I have no idea what to do with the front double wishbone? setup...