Ned's Slam-Trailer

Ned

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just missing go pro but had the rest tonight.

First legal trip was Hamilton and back haha. Was fine. Only bottomed out 4 times on the trip ( not counting driveways and speed bumps)

Road works was the worst though, flicking shit everywhere. Though it helped out the road workers as it levelled all the stones on the road out perfectly :-P

Time for some slightly smaller tyres to drop it 5-10 mm I think as the WOF tires are bigger than planned, which is why the trip was a success. Bounces quite a bit when empty though... Nothing too dangerous I don't think.

Fun was had though :-) bring on nats!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I know theres something hidden under there, but ignorance is bliss for now :)

Though might as well have a little update since i'm here?

Towed it to Nats 2013 and went pretty good. From auckland to matamata it was eating the road a LOT as it was quite low at the front...

IMG_20130412_073557.jpg

So got some surgery in Matamata to level the trailer a bit when the car was at full load

IMG_20130412_095450.jpg

Still low, but more level :)

IMG_20130412_132722.jpg

IMG_20130412_132736.jpg

IMG_20130412_132744.jpg

Had a few VERY scary moments on the way home. Got some BIG air, like half meter+ and bounced from side to side, stepping WAY past the car and bellowing smoke off the wheels on touch down and then got its sway on... i though i was gonna lose it! but powered through and settled down eventually :)