1987 1uz e30 (the Sake Bomb.)

d.p.n.s

Guest Simon

The same codes I'm getting. I'm getting 31 which is AFM and 56 which is fan.

I'm still unsure if the AFM is broken but when I tested it with 5v and ground it didn't give any outputs on the multimeter. I haven't had time to test it on an oscilloscope to see if they are digital output but will probably get round to that during the week.

I haven't looked at the hydro fan fault yet but its only a fluid level indicator in the fluid reservoir so all it needs is a wire grounding to fix it. Haven't found which one yet.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NVMPAJ

I found the 31 code on mine came up due the sensor circuit not having 12 volts . I still have the 56 code to so would be interested in clearing that .

Guest d.p.n.s

I found the 31 code on mine came up due the sensor circuit not having 12 volts . I still have the 56 code to so would be interested in clearing that .

how did it not have 12v ?

did all the wires still go to the ecu?

Guest d.p.n.s

well i used the bmw fuse box to wir up the power for the ecu.

i also used the bmw fuel pump plug to run my other fuel pump and i managed to get the engine to start and run on the engine

stand from the key in the bmw.

felt very good to get this done still has 3 fault codes but ran im limp mode.

and after all that i think im going to use a link ecu when its put in the car ..........................well that keep me off the streets for a weekend anyway

Guest NVMPAJ

The ECU on mine has four plugs . Three have plugs for the motor the fourth (28 pin) has to have wires run from the battery etc . Tracing all the wiring I found the 12 volt supply to the sensors but I plugged my 12 volts into the wrong plug then got the 31 code it cleared once I did some more tracing and found my error! . I'm hoping once I get it running I can sort the 56 code.

Guest bubblegoose

if you find your self needing some motivation to go out into the cold and make progress/skids, just hit me up ill come dial a german skid up out side your house and yell abuse at your v8

• Like 1

Guest d.p.n.s

if you find your self needing some motivation to go out into the cold and make progress/skids, just hit me up ill come dial a german skid up out side your house and yell abuse at your v8

haha sounds sweet.

and i must say man yours looks mint now

Guest Simon

Yeah I just got mine running perfect after giving the sensors a power supply lol. I was rushing a couple of days before nats and assumed that they would have been on the injector / igniter power circuit.

Just the 56 fan code to get rid of which should be easy, will try that in the weekend. This doesn't seem to stop the motor running properly though so you could probably just leave it.

Guest d.p.n.s

Yeah I just got mine running perfect after giving the sensors a power supply lol. I was rushing a couple of days before nats and assumed that they would have been on the injector / igniter power circuit.

Just the 56 fan code to get rid of which should be easy, will try that in the weekend. This doesn't seem to stop the motor running properly though so you could probably just leave it.

what did you do exactly mate?

Guest Simon

There are a series of white wires that power all the sensors like AFM, O2 sensors, Transmission, crank and cam.

They come into the cabin and and go from 4 into 1 just before the ECU. They need to go into the cabin plug of the ECU. B+ (pin 22 of the 28 pin plug if you are using the 34 22 16 28 ECU). This should be connected to the ignition switch IGSW pin 9 that turns the ECU on.

Basically you just need to find the white wires that go from 4 into one and power them with an ignition feed. Double check with a multimeter that you have found the right ones by measuring continuity from the white pin of the AFM to the wires you have found. Don't want to go putting 12v down random wires if you don't know where they go haha.

Guest d.p.n.s

i have got a 34 22 16 28 ecu but i dont have white wires.

theres not even a whit wire on the afm plug.

are you able to trace one of your white wires back to another ecu plug and ill see what its is on mine.

Guest Simon

Aye, there should be a white one in the AFM plug.

lviyrih2.eqg.jpg

This is another one that is in the same circuit. Goes to that vac sensor.

zqawigpw.2j1.jpg

Then they come into the cabin in a bunch and go to one and you just need to give them switched power. (That insulation tape is factory btw lol, it's crimped under there).

ro0oixpe.p5i.jpg

Guest d.p.n.s

ust had a quick look at mine and all my colours on the he same and in the same order aprt from your whit one is black with a red stripe on mine.

had a look at the vapour sensor and its black with a red stripe aswell.

so tomorrow ill add power to it and see if it clears the 31 code.

also have found a fix for the 47 code will try that tomorrow aswell and if that works it just leaves the 56 code

fuck boom

• Like 1