1987 1uz e30 (the Sake Bomb.)

d.p.n.s

got the engine bay cleaned and painted

so now i can start sorting the wring and front brake lines.

dscf6355k.jpg

cleaned and re kitted the master cylinder and bolted it up also checked all the bolts holding and mounting the bosster

dscf6356f.jpg

i have ordered the new front brake pads,swaybar bushes and swaybar links,

and also ordered the hydraulic handbrake.

cheers

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

looking good man, almost makes me want to do mine properly. is that the factory booster mounted inside? they run a remote booster? because the lhd thing? cant say ive paid any attention to whats under the bonnet. other than that big bit of metal that doesn't start when it rains, and isn't a 4age

• Like 1

looking good man, almost makes me want to do mine properly. is that the factory booster mounted inside? they run a remote booster? because the lhd thing? cant say ive paid any attention to whats under the bonnet. other than that big bit of metal that doesn't start when it rains, and isn't a 4age

lol

yes its just the factory boster mounted inside so theres room for any motor without having the massive booster in the way.

trying to find a place to mount the fuse box and the last owner had cut al the mounts of the engine bay and

plated over all the holes.

i did try mounting it inside but would have been a pain in the arse to do fuses so i ended up unpicking the mount from the parts car and plug welding it on

as well as cutting holes for wiring loom.(i did take all the shit i dont need from the loom and ended up taking 1.2 kgs out of the loom haha)

dscf6359y.jpg

dscf6363j.jpg

dscf6361b.jpg

small update

engine bay re painted, got most of the loom in (rear bitch getting it around the cage)

i have also got all the front done..ie new brake pads,swaybar bushes,new sway bar links braided lines.

and all brake lines for the front re-made and all in.

so thats the front all done.

time for the rear.

got the complete rear subframe out and orderd a set of these in hard for racing.

e30rearbushingkit.jpg

just got to take the old subframe bushes out now.

started getting all the rear discs on and brakes cleaned up for the e36 ti rear controll arms

thats it

• 3 weeks later...

inspired work, using those e34 flares. where did you discover the bodylines matched with the e30? brilliant!

love to know how much material you remove before welding them on.

any progress on your powerplant selection? here's some swedish options:

* B234FT or FTX - about 190hp,

* B5234T from the 850-T5, 5cyl 225hp 300nM and a TD-04. or B5254T from the S60/V70 I'm sure there's plenty of length in the bay for the 5cyl, and the song it makes is addictive. Not a lot of info on RWD conversions, though the second link has useful info on adapting to volvo 240's and they recommend the Tremec T5 transmission. From what I've seen, you've the skills to do the machining for the adaptor!

+1 on 'keep up the good work'. watching this one with interest.

EDIT: oh here we go - e30 T5 build thread

the guy i bought it off did the front wings.i think he tryed all the lips of all the modles till one lined up.then he just cut them down till it matched .marked a line and cut the old one out then inserted it.

as for power plant yes i have decided.when i get the money together it will be a manual 1uz v8.

• Like 1

In standard form they are great, they will make 220 rwhp all day, but that is all you will get. To get any more requires BIG $$$, the heads are shit, they have cam buckets, the cams are so tame it hurts, not to mention the stock manifiolds. Basically all I'm saying is that there are a lot of options that will be lighter and make the same power.

On the plus side, they are pretty strong and dirt cheap. If you are on a mega budget then fine, but otherwise I would look somewhere else, more spent in the begining to get a good motor will mean that you have to spend less to make it go faster later on. 220 hp will get old in an e30 real quick.

the 1uz is a good base for me to start with and with tranny are aprox 450lbs a complete 2jzgte is aprox 594lbs.

the 1uz has nice power to start with and i know ill get bored with it but im not ruling out sc or turbo down the track but ive thought about it for a while now and after driving a mates raod going e30 with 1uz the car handled very well and wasnt as nose heavy as i thought and the power was just so usable and they are very reliable.