280ZX_NZs 1983 Datsun 280zx T-top

280zx_nz

Will do man, going to be really interesting to see, alot of debate over spool time in comparison to Garrett BB turbos, HX40/H1E is very similar to GT40R. Since diesels run colder and exhaust gases move slower than a petrol engine, so Holsets have been designed to induce spool earlier apparently. Perhaps someone can add to that??

Yeah you can with a H1E compressor side, not too sure about HX40 since it is held together differently, gigantic clip as opposed to a V-clamp. http://www.1stgen.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3042

Or you could get a complete H1E and use the 12cm2 housing you have, has to be machined to fit since it has a bigger turbine wheel.

I'm not sure if he's on here, or at least on here much but Nick (stagefumer11) has a holset on his L20ET, IIRC, went to a slightly larger one with the L28, mebbe, I'm pretty sure he used a Holset regardless. I'll try rattle his cage and get him in here to comment.