MS65 crown gurus, front suspension question

Mattt

Hey guys, does anypne know the ratio for height effected by spring on the ms65s. I want to get some custom springs made up and I want to make it sit 20mm higher than it is at the moment so I need to be able to advise them how much higher I need the spring to be. Or is it close enough that it won't matter?

There is no set ratio as it depends on the spring rate of the current spring, length and the weight on that spring. Any custom spring maker worth anything will have a sheet to fill out when you order the springs with all the info you need to provide. Usually the important one is the installed length of the spring then just give them the old spring with a desired height change and they will figure it out, if you cant get them the old spring you will have to measure all the dimensions of the old spring out of the car

Yup they are, and yea sorry thought the same thing after re-reading, was going to edit my post but meh. Just going to have to measure the supension arms from the pivot point to the center of the spring/hub etc and figure it out. Or allot easier just to measure the actual range of motion etc/just cut some springs to get it at the correct height :)

Oh and yea if you want to get these springs accurate you will have to figure it out as 20mm height calculated at the spring will give you considerably more than 20mm actual lift.

Still cant see why you need to rasie it 20mm? right on the 100mm limit?

Yeah its on limit except gearbox cross member is lower but that's cause its been custom made by sume legend that welded a piece of angle on it for strength and faced the angle down so its about 50mm lower than anything else. I thought it had to be 100mm loaded? Also front tires rub going over a bump on full lock.

Sweet as ill work it out. Was just hoping some one had already done the maths for me / being lazy.

haha thing with the rubber spring seats is there's not much point. its got cutties all round and I don't wanna cert it so just wanted to get some custom springs made. Also the rear springs on these don't seat properly when cut. Not keen on green stickers and the cops seem to be hot on them at the moment.