Hampton Track Day Challenge #3 *Moved to Wed 6th Feb*

M_C

Was a bit like the Good, the Bad and the Ugly...

Stunning weather with a cool wind to keep some of the heat away.

Starting with the Ugly.

Sparky did not even get a run. Weak spark and rough running made for an expensive day in the carpark. Douh. Rather than try to fix existing set up on the hot pinto its time for electronic points.

The bad was only a little bad.

Shaneo's new hot crossflow was really hot. Pulling like a schoolboy behind the shed and also like a schoolboy getting pretty hot under the collar.

Suspected lean running and low fule so bike carbs rejetted and new pump installed helped a little. But this was offset by allowing heavier right foot and temp still way up. At the second to last run unhappy noises from the water pump and the KABOOM the top hose exploded and nearly gave both of us a facefull as we tried to cool her off after another track spanking.

The GOOOOOOOD

Felicity ran faultlessly! Soooo happy and much spank and many hydrocarbons later I was pretty tired.

Got down to 1:30.80 and 154km/hr which I am pretty happy with for street tires and lazy Essex V6 way up front.

Only issue was rattling clutch fork which I will need to address.

Tires showing some signs of their squealing...

dsc04300lk.jpg

I broke the headers to . There is quite a list of things to fix. I would say for the first time it wont make the monthly meet. Looks like it needs a new radatior as well. But on a good note the time's where getting faster. Still heaps to do before nationals

Great report M_C. Gotta luv sorting out the gremlins

Got down to 1:30.80 and 154km/hr which I am pretty happy with for street tires and lazy Essex V6 way up front.

That's a reasonable lap time!..

But on a good note the time's where getting faster.

What sort of times before the meltdown?. Good luck getting it back together.

I managed a 1:32.7 and topped out at 153 km just cant get the power down need a lsd but first run on the new engine so very happy with how it went for a little 1.6 just have a list of things to fix and replace now. That is what you get with a lucky dip Going to try and get it out in a months time for another run but I did get 50 timed laps in over 2 days that beats working.