Pantha Alpine 24s

BattleSnayke

Was out visiting my parents last weekend and went for a bush walk to find a xmas tree... Got a bit lost and come down through the neighbours property and stumbled upon a old shed in the bush. Had a bit of a nosey inside and found a Pantha Alipine 24s sitting in the corner rusting away.

Went down and visited the neighbour and asked if he would be interested in selling it... 5 minutes later i was walking away with my new bike for the price of $0.00.

The bikes in fairly good condition, some light surface rust on the handle bars and some paint missing/little bit of rust on the frame. I'll get some pics of the actual bike tomorrow before i begin the break down/restoration.

Plan is to have the handlebars, forks and any other previously chromed parts redone. I have a friend remaking all the oringal decals and then repaint the frame. The seat is in mint condition and the hub-gears work perfectly.

Heres a sample picture, it's the exact same as mine... just a little tidier.

elfnmiuw.qdq.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Progress has been a bit slow, mainly due to playing with my car instead.

Started putting it back together a bit more. Decided i quite like the look of the rusted parts so won't rechrome, just at the moment.

vfs1p2t0.uck.jpg

Need to buy the following to finish it:

-New 24" tyres

-New 24" wheels

-New pedals

-New chain

yeh it was worth more before you took off the original paint and decals lol. also worth more with correct rims, grips, bars etc. anywhere from 200 to maybe a grand if its proper mint edit: if u goto oldscoolbmx.com there is a thread for newzealand. there are guys on there that know er thing and is a good place to find parts editedit: are those tange forks? will say on tube at top of forks which is insdie headtube u gota take em out to see. if they tx1200s I have nos decals I which you could get copied

Haha yeh i gathered that it would be, oh well! Guess i've learned for next time i find a old collectable bike sitting in a shed. It's my first time ever playing with a bike so it's been fun learning how they go together etc. I've kept the original decals, i was going to get them remade but if it's worth keeping them then i can just chuck them back on.

As far as i know, everything on the bike is original. Our neighbour wouldn't be the kind of person to change anything on the bike.

This is the bike as of tonight, i've put the Alpine 24s decal back on.

2eshglgs.stb.jpg

i think ill go for white tyres, will be too hard finding blue tyres that match the frame. After doing this one, im already planning another build. Definitely not with a collectable frame though... So many parts to buy, its a dangerous hobby to get into.

Amen to that. just to make it worse theres some 24" skyways tuffs on trademe

Being a pantha will make this desireable in Nz. You can try get some decals reproduced etc. depends what you want to do, sell to make a quick buck or keep and enjoy it. I've built my supersport bmx to ride so its not 100% mint but still looks quite sharp.

• 1 month later...