sigma diff issues

DoBro Jesus

soooo me and my mates took my sigma up to auckland for the parkway drive concert this week, about halfway up north island, it started vibrating pretty bad on the open road then when driving slower around town the whole ass end shook from side to side, and had the most horrible screeching sound when you put your foot down, but even when just coasting in neutral for example it still wobbled around but it only made the sound when i put my foot hard down, just made it back to wellies today and is still feeling horrid to drive but screeching sound is gone, thinking wheel is fucking buckled or a bearing in the diff has gone but it's kinda baffled me, any ideas??

gearbox tail bearing, driveshaft hanger bearing (if it has one) pinion bearing. pinion bearing maybe more likely. did you jack the car up and try to look for play in the driveline? could also be something like broken/loose diff mounts/rear suspenion. e.g. the diff moving into a a position causing the driveshaft to bind because the bushes or something is shot.

There is a good chance you have fucked whatever it is really good by driving that far with it stuffed - id be counting yourself lucky it made it back!

still sometimes you dont have other options I guess!

was gonna jack it up but had nowhere flat to do it and being away had no tools or anything to check it out!! jacked up one wheel at a time and wheel bearings seemed to be fine and wheels were all secure etc, also doesnt seem to be any uneven tire wear from what i can see, also it has air shocks which i found out were completely deflated about the time we got to auckland so that may have been a contributing factor!! yeah i know thank fuck we made it back!! but am just trying to work out what is wrong now as i have my other sig to run around in!!