a31 wiring trouble!

chriscross

hi guys! iv got a 1988 a31 cefiro that has a burnt out fuse box under the dash! the car runs and drives fine, just the dash lights,rear tail lights,parks,high beams arent working!

one fuse in that fuse box hads burnt and melted itsef and part of the fuse box! so what i want to know is if anyone knows if you can replace the fuse box buy un cliping it sum were in the loom on a a31, or can you cut all the wires off the back of the fuse box and reconect them to the new fuse box? or is it a bit more to it than that.

any help will go a long way az im starting to pull my hair out!

cheers chris

yeah it was the rear number plate lights that shorted to the body, i had to replace the rear tail loom and the relays in the engine bay, but yeah im stuck,it could be shorting out in the fuse box itsef it got pretty hot lol! theres no power to the fuse or the tail relay the the engine bay. i havnt got the fuse box lid az they get lost in time, bit il google it and see what it brings me

cheers dude

Chuck your location in your profile too there bud, then we can just be all roll down to pick a part if you're close etc.

I'm fairly sure there are fusable links in the engine bay fuse box too, are they good?

If you're ghetto, you could just forget about that fucked fuse holder for the lights and wire in an external fuse holder.

fuse_holder.jpg

i think i sus it out, the contacts in the fuse box for the fuse that melted had is been cleaned before the fuse itsef could make contact with power! so cleaned it with a little fine till it was clean,made sure there was power and so far so good!

till dont have high beams yet but i had this problem before the melt down any ideas on that?

trying to put a photo up of the my car dont know how to do it, but my car is the green cef on the old powercruze entry form lol!