Radiator Help Needed

M_C

Just notched the corner of the right side tank to fit between chassis rails. Probably better than notching the chassis rails me thinks.

Was considering chopping down, but then have to relocate the drain bung and not sure how easy the chop down would be.

When I cut out the side I noticed the bottom two cross tubes are actualy solid. Do these contribute strength to the radiator? Not sure if they need to be replaced, or just the bottom u channel welded back on.

Maybe they are strength for the core as the radiator is being made?

Got two pushing fans blowing hard. Only one is shrouded and there is a gap before the radiator so some airflow through but not maximized.

Pretty sure no air locks. -How do you tell??

Coolant boiling after stopping not a good sight. Always let her run a fast idle for a couple of minutes and bonnet up after the track time.

Radiator sized cardboard template time this weekend...

Having the fans in front of the radiator can block air flow, can you fit them behind?

Fans are manually switched so I left them on all the time. The seem to put a good airflow through the radiator with bonnet up. I guess this will reduce with bonnet down. No room behind the radiator. Olde Essex kind of fills the engine bay as no bulkhead chop. Yet.

When I cut out the side I noticed the bottom two cross tubes are actualy solid. Do these contribute strength to the radiator? Not sure if they need to be replaced, or just the bottom u channel welded back on.

Maybe they are strength for the core as the radiator is being made?

They support the core from bulging and splitting when its under pressure I think, I cut down a radiator and the shop sed it must be supported from expanding