E36 318is Spark, but not power to fuel pump 0_o HELP!

wickmyster

My E36 318is has park, but not power to fuel pump, so I am guessing crank angle sensor is ok...what else do I check? Waht else stops power to the fuel pump? I might get the voltmeter out agin soon and have another prod around.

Any ideas?

It does start from time to time for 2-3 seconds then dies. It but out on the way home for 5 seconds, kicked into life again then died completely -_-

if the pump is external power it up and see if the car starts it'll help track down the problem. my vn commodore had similar problem had 12 volts at pump wiring but hook it to pump it'd drop down 8v Not enough to make any fuel pressure was shitty contacts in relay. come to think of it had a porsche 924 that did same thing.

Also found my 325i had the same issue, turns out had gotten the ecu wet (after a car wash, but having the rain channels blocked with crap also causes it), which in turn made the fuel pump realy spazz out. left it a couple days while thinking of ways to burn it, but dried itself out. most likely not your problem but if all else fails may be worth a look

Might be realy to ECU

Here's another thing: If your engine dies while driving - watch the gauges.

• It may be the relay that powers the ECU. If the tachometer drops to zero while the car is still rolling in gear, that is surely the cause.
  • If the tachometer keeps showing the correct value, but the econometer shows a fuel cut, the problem is in the air flow meter.
  • If the tachometer shows correctly, and the econometer indicates there there is still fuel consumed, the problem is the fuel pump or its relay.

I am pretty sure when my car died that the rev counter was not reading anything