Julius' ke25 of mintness

AE25

• 2 weeks later...

oh doh haha i looked for a discuss thread but didn't find. prob not on the first 2 pages or summin silly. oh well.

oh hey that ke2 cable is the early version from my '71. the later SR coupe (twincarb) ones have a knob thingee on the carb end. i'd assume the later ke2 3k did too. might be an easy swap if you can find one.

Was the length wrong using the kp starlet cable and cable bracket attached to the carb mounting plate?

Also notice how the radio panel has a reddish and brighter tinge to the woodgrain than the rest. well yeah that's the difference between the early and late woodgrains. faded looking ones are the early type. prob with miles speedo.

I found a some kind of ke2 cable amongst all my shit, so i'll have to send it back your way.

The mounting bracket for the cable that I grabbed off you wouldn't fit around the carb, so I used the clamp bracket with a slice of vacuum hose to make for a snug fit.

Damn you must have a well trained eye, because its not particularly noticeable, even in person. But im sure its going to bother me now hahaha.

Also, if im correct in thinking there are two kinds of plugs used on the ke2 indicators, i made up an adapter bit of wiring that should solve that issue, hopefully.

I really need to spend more time on this thing but I have been trying to go hardout on my study, only 5 books away from being qualified! Should have a bit of an update by the end of the weekend though with some luck.

hmm theres the 5k van cable bracket here which bolts to the rocker cover. not sure if it matches the length of the kp/ke cable but worth a try?

Im not sure which plug you're talking bout re the indicator plug? was that on the steering column or at the indicators?

you'll probably find the early type hazard switch you've got on the dash doesn't match the late loom. easy to swap the switch to match the loom. can identify them coz early switch has a smaller diameter pull knob than the late one.

Heater control panel has a different layout between early/late so would have to swap the whole thing including the levers and cables to get early type in there for matching woodgrains. better to swap face plates for originality i reckons.

• 2 weeks later...