S4 RX7 starting issues - Please Help Me

Goat

rot808 took my injectors to unitec when he was doing mechanic school and they were all blocked up and flowing like shit and then they cleaned them and then they were sweet

/poor some fuel injector cleaner into your petrol tank

I think it was in s5 you could hold your foot flat on the accelerator pedal or something on startup and it would kill the fuel while cranking, only heard about it though, injectors always seem fucked/leaky on these also, mine were

Gettin them working Lush/cleaned probably will solve issue, however it is a crappy rotary and problems like this is why we love them ha

When these cars were like new, they had this problem within a few years. I added a remote switch to the injector fuse as an anti theft thing and left it. The actual fault was the ECU temp sender telling the car it was cold all the time. Once hot the cold fuel volume was enough to flood it. These cars also have a voltage reduction system on the fuel pump and reduce voltage to the pump for low speed / load. If your switch has interupted the function of this it could be causing it to put in too much fuel due to pressure. You will find the fuel pressure voltage regulator in the engine bay behind the right front head light mounted on the front slam panel. From memory its the one that looks like a couple of white ceramic coil voltage reducers.

Oh yup, i know the one.

Remember tracing wired back to that when first trying to get fuel pump working after ripping out the shitty imobilser thingy.

So its meant to drop the voltage when cranking to lower fuel pressure?

Its been a while since i played with rotaries but it definately lowers the fuel pressure at idle and low speed. Its totally possible that the cold start is simply the pump at full voltage and nothing more. It was all trial and error back then these were imports only with no support and the only manual Mazda had was in japanese so all info was what ever we could get someone to translate from that.