old t bucket mud guards etc

hmmmnz

To roll fenderless you have to have apply for a fender exemption from the NZHRA - you also have to had belonged to an NZHRA affiliated hot-rod club for AT LEAST 12 months before they will even look at your application. So if he is building one then he best join an NZHRA club asap.

99% sure this is still the case now - it was certainly the case when I had my t-bucket.

Insani-T/Rhys will have more up to date info as he is still active in the scene.

edit - found this

3.1 Criteria and conditions of Fender Exemption Authority Card.

Its all there, you must have been an NZHRA affliated club member for at least 12 months prior to application, current NZHRA member club has to endorse your application, vehicle body style must be pre 1935 and she can't weigh more than 1318kG. Has to be certified by an NZHRA endorsed certifier. You have to enter at least two NZHRA sanctioned events and pay NZHRA $45:00 to apply the first year and $25:00 every year after to keep the authority card.

The NZHRA has the right to revoke the authority card at any time if holders are misbehaved so as to bring the NZHRA into disrepute, don't do two events a year, or don't pay.

Haha - yeah - its a bit of a pain that you have to get it from NZHRA and do their events because they are pretty dropkickish and "elitist" in the way they deal with events - not sure if you can belong to NSRA and get it too. Actually GasserKiwi Chris might know cos he's NSRA still - I think.

Back in the day NSRA were a lot more like OS is now (and may still well be) - lots of campouts, smack talk and drunken shenanigans - NZHRA would most probably call the cops on you if you did that any of their events.