Mini.Mad's MK1 Mini ex-racecar

Mini.Mad

Unfortunately no. I'm currently trying to trace the history of it - last raced around 17 years ago (in Christchurch). For 15 years it was hanging on the wall of the garage I got it from, I don't have any photos of it like that but it looked a bit like this

481028_304716392951766_1875881865_n.jpg

If anyone has any info on the history of the car, I definitely interested. I do have doors with the car that have the number 96 on them, doors are painted British Racing Green, and have rather large Canterbury Draught stickers on the inside

Awesome thanks, I'm putting the car back onto the road - got in contact with LVVTA and if I cut the front half of the cage out and run it as a dedicated 2-seater, all I need is cert. Maybe I can find the car's logbook somewhere?

You'll still need the homologation details to run it at a race meeting... Unless you can get it through the classic register (COD).

If you can find the logbook you're good to go. I'd suggest keeping the full cage and getting an MSNZ Authority card to make it legal. It's something like $50 every 2 years.

Cool project. Any pics of the Arden head?

I think if you are going to 1330 why not go to 1380 or 1426? Similar coin, more potential.

I had a few minis back in the day, and my father used to race them in the late 70's/early 80's. Won his class in the sanyo rally of NZ in 83.

Haven't got any photos of the Arden yet, as I'm still waiting to hear back from the seller. Will get some up as soon I have them. Was thinking 1330 as it's 60 thou over, not wanting to go too big as it makes the block a little thin for my liking!

• 2 weeks later...

No need to hunt for the logbook - as I have some more info from the previous owner. Turns out it has never been finished being turned into a Mini 7, I don't feel so guilty now about putting the car back on the road! The doors are genuine Mini 7, maybe some one knows something about these?