Best sohc 4g63?

Iridium Lid

Which 4g63 would be the best to purchase in order to go into a 16l Colt. In other words.. If you were to buy a vehicle that was stock 4g63 sohc carb, in order to rip out the 5 speed and engine and be more or less bolt in. What would be the best bet i.e sigma's, l200 , l300 or do they all share the same trans/engine combo?... I know you need the engine mounts from an l200.. But would the l200 five speed go in without any hassles. Hope my question makes sense haha

I guess the l200.

Its solid lifter, none jet valve head, and the gearbox has the shifter in the right place.only issue is that you will have to modify a l200 driveshaft/replace the yoke on your drive shaft with an L200 yoke.

One thing i have noticed is that the later of the fwd sigmas (must be the last of the carbies) go a heap better.Ive got 2 lancers, one with a mildly worked older 4g63 out of the rwd sigmas and one with a more or less standard later model 4g63.

The later model is FAR better on fuel and almost goes as well as the other.Ive been told the later models are higher compression and have slighty larger ports. I dont know how true that is.

you will need the RWD inlet and exhaust manifolds, along with RWD water pump and crank pulleys and timing covers too if you don't want a large hole where the FWD engine mount was. Oh yeah will also need RWD sump, and probably rocker cover too if you wanted to retain original RWD air filter housing.