Auckland Dog meet

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

She mauled Styx while I was away on Waiheke last friday. So she was PTS lickity split within the hour. Feel pretty dam stink about it but couldn't very well rehome a dog with issues like that. We got her as a companion for Styx when Vada passed away... worked out the opposite, she was continually trying to dominate him. OS boes who were at Bonfire witnessed her fighting with a mates pit... Styx is doing well bandages came off legs yesterday revealing multiple lacerations and 7 staples. She also had his ears, tried ripping his chest open and multiple other puncture wounds all over the show. Sux hard : (

gutted, lead injection or vet stz?

Mrs' old man is a cocky and has had to destroy the odd working dog that lost the plot, he reckons you try not to get emotionally attached to the working dogs but its hard - reckon itd be even harder with a pet.

Vet, Sarah took Styx down and came straight home for her. She had attacked him before but was food motivated and I was there to stop her straight away... she had chances. Still sucks though she was lovely but only to people it seems. Styx seems pretty bummed she's gone despite it all, keeps sniffing at her bed etc. He's 9yrs old and never had any kind of fight with any dog, other than the odd tiff with our old girl Vada but never any blood... just playing like dogs should. He's all shaven here and there but keen for whatever as long as we free : )

He'd love to see some other doggies, he been playing with our guinea pigs but they not measuring up! Thinking of getting him a Chihuahua... (daughter has been wanting one for aggggges)

Thinking of getting him a Chihuahua...

To what? Eat?

Lincs and flatmates old dog had a couple of good goes at each other. From what we could see when it happened while we were around, Lincs is just too damn annoying and eventually Prince couldn't take it any more.

We're away this weekend, but keen for the next one.

Can bring Lincoln out for a play sometime if you like Tim.

Holy shizzle, that's an angry dog attack! Would be hard to put any dog down :(.

Though, seeing it's a long weekend, is anyone keen for one this weekend? Or should I just bring Nizmo over to Sam's house so he can dominate Doug.

What choo talkin bout willis?

Long weekend?

Is this something I dont know about?

Saturday is no good for me as Im working nights so I wont be up till midday and then I have a leaving do for a mate at 4.

Havent looked too far into stuff yet for Dog meet...but suggestions are welcome.

Yeah it's Queens birthday weekend Sam (no not talking about the flambouyant type!).

Seeing that's two people effectively out of the game maybe look at next weekend instead then? Maybe a Sunday to ensure there are no plebs working the day shift.

Though seeing I'm a north-north-shorian, I have no idea what sort of venues are open to a bunch of wild canines so you'll have to make suggestions.

fuck success do more often and those that can make it make it! Styx looks forward to sniffing bottoms and getting his slobber on. He looks forward to seeing your dogs also!

sundays often suck for me as we do these:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/NeighPonyParties

Did 2 last sunday which was a bit hectic but needs must...

But will try attend when I can... Mrs is so lol, she has been looking at Bassett Hounds now- (yes like 'Flash' from Dukes of Hazard, Sad Sam or old Hush Puppys advertising) my vote for Irish Wolfhound was immediately dismissed.

Chihuahua may still be on cards in crossbreed form, one of my mates purebred Pomeranians recently raped his neighbours Chihuahua x Mini Foxy which has popped out a litter.

Mates Poms x2 are feral as fuck and crack me up, live in Riverhead and they go out hunting possums and rip them to shit when they catch them on the ground. When they escape they go up the River coming back the mud flats filthy as hell... imagine all that mud in long hair lol. And because they are lapdogs no one complains about them wandering... if my pit x was to roam our hood animal control would be all over him!

They also have a sharpei/staffi/mastiff which is quite tiny and looks like a prehistoric dog which enjoys climbing trees and walking along the top of wooden rail fences much like a cat- crack up. All too feral to join our fun, when I took Styx around with me to a party at their place they had to put their dogs away : (

those poms must be big (for the breed) if they go for possums? Our pom is only 2.5kg - she takes on rabbits but reckon she'd get owned by a possum.

Have seen lots of rotty vs possum, they make disturbingly short work of them.

yep they are big, his olds used to breed them so he ended up with them as they wernt breed standard size blah blah. used to be a little scared by one of them until he jumped up on my lap for cuddles one day lol.

look forward to checking out his offspring, puppies of any breed are sooooooooo cute

Parents have a Bassett - they're lovely dogs, but really really hard to train - they're designed to run in large packs, so they don't do solo very well. They also like to wander, one whiff of something interesting and it could be days before they return.

Also lots of health problems due to length/height ratio, require high ear maintenance, smell pretty bad, and are prone to eye infections.

Molly is about 117 now, stone deaf and on about 65 medications to deal with everything from arthritis to incontinence.

On an interesting/cool side note - they howl at ambulances.