NOT OS 94 camry being gay

Shandangles

Hey all, so my flatmates got a 94 Camry with a 5SFE and AUTO box.

yesterday it started to do really weird things when under load above 60kph. It felt like we all of a sudden hooked 10 Ton on the back of the car, wouldnt rev etc, then would come right for a minute.

I checked the codes, came up 31 which going by my research is MAP sensor, so we tracked one down and cleared the codes, and it was fine for about an hour driving, now itd doing the same thing but worse.

checked the codes and its constantly flashing soi assume thats fine??

any ideas??

cheers

sounds like a dying fuel pump, does he run it round with fuck all in the tank a lot? we have replaced a huge amount of pumps over the last year, with my theory being every cunt is broke because of the shit nz economy, and so cars are being filled as little as possible. when they are run low the pumps overheat, and are more likely to pick up shit off the bottom of the tank. /proly isnt that at all.

Hey,

We had a Camry of about the same vintage at work a couple of months back, had almost exactly the same fault that you're describing, was logging a fault code refering to the MAP Sensor, turned out to be the map sensor circuit in the ECU. We replaced the sensor to eliminate it even though it tested sweet and yeah had the same result. 2nd Hand ECU fixed it.

Don't take my example as gospel however, do your own testing but yeah that was my experience...

99 Percent sure it was a 5SFE, definitely a four cylinder one.