Homemade rev limiter help

mad_max

Im making a homemade rev limiter (like bee*r limiter hopfully)

Ive sorted everything and just went to test it to find out i dont even know how to wire up a tacho

Ive got green, black, white and red.

My thoughts were black - ground, red - battery, white - light (tested that), and green - coil.

But i dont have a clue.haha

Any help appreciated.

You are making a rev limiter? How? And how can you design a rev limiter and not know how to hook up the tacho, or at least find out by measuring the wires/opening it up? (wow, that came out demeaning.. Don't mean it that way) Or is it just a "here's a PCB and some parts, solder it yourself" dealio?

Haha, I was by computer and tacho was at my mates place. Just saw it online and thought id give it a crack. Its simple as hell. Testing on a mates fucked demo derby car with no exhaust so ill take a video of it.

Ill put up a thread how to make it if it works :lol:

But you're designing it yourself? I got part way through designing one and never finished it (like all my other projects :/ ) and i do electronic engineering/software engineering for a living. Let me know if you want/need a hand or want to run some ideas past someone? another clever cookie is slacker.cam if you have any HW related questions etc :)

You going to use a micro for the smarts or do it all with logic and various ICs?

Yea im doing it like that, Just tried before and no cigar. I think its the light not giving the relay enough power to activate it. Its a cheap shit tacho with a shift light which is pathetic. Back to the drawing board. Gotta amp up the light current somehow