Squeeky clutch problem

keltik

Hey chaps, I have a recurring squeeky clutch problem on the wagon. Its a hydraulic pull clutch and so has an inch thick steel bar as a pivot which slides into the gearbox/bell housing. I grease it up well every time i install it - but its only a few weeks before my squeek returns.

When removed, the surface the clutch fork pivots against is always polished smooth and theres no grease where it needs to be.

Any ideas? Am i getting this problem because the pivot bar/pin is excessively worn? I was thinking about getting someone lathe savvy to mill a couple of grooves into it to help retain grease in the areas that are getting high load.

Or maybe im using the wrong grease? Have tried a moly marine grease and coppercote. The bell-housing probably sits around 60-80*c in normal use.

I remember white lithium grease as being the correct lubricant in this application.

Your quite right! Just found a link somewhere that factory specifies 'Shell Sunlight 2' which is a lithium grease. Im sure i've tried a white grease before and got the same result but cant remember what type it was.